Mandriva Store Terms
What personal data do we collect?
Various information is collected in different areas of the website; what follows is an overview of the data we keep :
- We record email addresses when an individual subscribes to any mailing lists hosted on our servers. Mailing lists allow participants to exchange information related to our distribution; these same email addresses also allow us to send customized news to the participants.
- When registering a purchased product, we ask for personal information as well as system/hardware details so that we may deliver the best support services customized to your needs.
- When testimonials are submitted detailing examples of Mandriva Linux usage, we ask for as much information about the testimony that may be of help to the reader. It is your choice whether to remain anonymous or to include a name and other personal information.
- Companies who register to become partners with Mandriva must provide information about their business activities as well as the name and job title of a contact person. We need contact information in order to fulfill our partnership responsibilities.
- On our donation page, we record data for billing purpose, we do not store any credit card data.
What do we do with this information ?
We never share personal information with other persons or companies - we use this data strictly for the following purposes :
- If you have subscribed to a mailing list, we keep this email address in our database to provide you with customized information and/or to enable you to participate in discussions in various mailing lists. If you send a message to such a list, other people will see your email address but no external parties have access to our database of subscribers. At any time you may unsubscribe to any list by using the appropriate form.
- If you provide information when registering a purchased product to receive support, we keep this information private unless the information is required by one of our partners to deliver the support you require.
How to change your personal data ?
According to French law, individuals have the right to access, to correct, to modify or to remove their own personal data that we have on record. We offer this as a worldwide privilege. You may execute this right at any time by sending an email to email@example.com.
Mandriva is registered with the CNIL (French Commission for Computing and Freedom) as declaration number 703741.
Mandriva Store Terms
This agreement is between:
- Mandriva S.A with address at 12 rue Vivienne 75002, Paris, France (hereinafter referred to as « We » or « Mandriva »),
- and any user or customer (hereafter referred to as « You ») visiting the Mandriva Store Website (http://store.mandriva.com), hereafter referred to as the « Site ».
By accessing the Site, you accept, without any limitation, all the terms and conditions in this agreement.
In case of modification of this agreement, it is enforceable as soon as published on the site. The terms applicable to any transaction are the terms available on the Site at the time of your order.
As soon as You received the confirmation of Your order by email, the transaction cannot be canceled.
Ordering and Prices
You declare being eightteen (18) years old or more, and having the legal capacity, or an authorization from your legal guardian, to buy on this website.
The prices are displayed in Euros or US Dollars including all French taxes. The cost for shipping and handling is not included and is only displayed at the end of the order on the "Cart" ("Panier") page.
Shipping of products outside the European Union might be subject to the payment of customs fees and import duties of the country to which You have your order shipped. We have no control over these amounts and cannot predict them. You need to gather informations from your local competent authority before ordering.
Despite all care taken concerning Mandriva Store, it may happen that a price displayed is not the right one. In this case, if the actual price if inferior to the displayed one, You be will charged the actual price. On the other hand, if the real price is higher than the price displayed, You will be warned and the transaction shall be canceled in case You do not accept the new price.
Payment can be done by Credit Card (Eurocard - Mastercard, American express, Visa International), Worldwide Bank Tranfer and Paypal.
No money orders are accepted.
Transfer of property, transfer of the risks
The products shipped remain Our property until You fulfilled all your obligations.
The risks concerning the loss, damage or alteration of the product is supported by You as soon as it has been shipped. You need to ensure that the package is in good shape when receiving it.
You may return any product within 7 working days of delivery for a refund. The products will be refunded to You at their purchase price. Every product opened, incomplete or damaged will not be refunded.
This right of retractation cannot be exercised for computer programs if the original packaged has been opened.
Services offered on Mandriva Store ("Powerpack subscription", "Powerpack Download", "Mandriva Expert" and "Mandriva E-training") are not refundable, as soon as You have accessed the service once. Before returning products, contact Mandriva S.A. by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Then, You must return the product in its unopened original box to the following address. You will have to pay for shipping and handling cost when returning a product.
Yonne Conditionnement / Mandriva ZI plaine des Îles Rue des Caillottes 89000 Auxerre FRANCE
Every point concerning the application of the present terms and conditions of sales, and all points related to order and payment do apply to "download products".
The service constituted by the time limited access to our servers in order to download a product is subject to no delivery or transfer of risks.
A right of retractation if offered to You in the same conditions as in the Return Policy of the present terms of sales. Nonetheless, as soon as you have accessed the service once with the access code provided, there is no more retractation possible.
In case of technical failure, We will extend the validity of your access code or provide you with a new one so as you can download the product.
You have to ensure that the products ordered are not prohibited or restricted by the legislation of the country from where you order. We cannot be held liable in the case the product or a component of the product ordered is prohibited in your living country.
WE CANNOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM THE BUYING OF A PRODUCT OR THE CONNECTION TO OUR WEBSITES.
According to the Convention On The Law Applicable To International Sale Of Goods (1986), these terms and conditions shall be ruled by and construed under the terms of the French Legislation.
In case of a dispute arising, the parties will do their best to settle it out of Courts. If however it is not possible, any legal dispute would be submitted to the competent French jurisdiction