Mandriva Pulse 2 is an IT systems management solution that adapts to users' needs and to existing IT infrastructures.
Management of heterogenous systems
- Pulse 2 manages clients on any operating system (Windows, Linux, Unix) even inside the same system.
- Pulse 2 handles the native runtime of clients in order to optimize their potential
- Light Pull mode: clients connect to the network at different time in order to desaturate the bandwidth while being able to receive updates.
- Ability to create dynamic groups : creation of subset of clients that will feed each other with updates and patches.
- Network boot: clients can boot from an image on the network and their boot menu can be customized directly through the network
- ACL management per users and per groups.
Optimizing the information systemProcess automation
- Simplified installation of inventory agents: daily inventory and information feeds on the state of the system
- Actions threading: action subsets executed in a sequential way by Pulse 2 without human intervention
- Multicast: one or more actions executed on several clients without bandwidth congestion.
Making the IT system homogenous:
- Package managmeent: feature and actions library creation and customized package management based on the users needs on each client
- Imaging: Disk image or master creation and deployment of an identical configuration on each client.
Monitoring & Oversight
Patterns & trends oversight
Web interface: optimal mobility of Pulse 2 users through secure access to the relevant information from any device (desktop, tablet, smartphone) that's connected to the local network
Dashboard offering a synthetic view of the most important information of the system
Activity logs keep tabs on the operations inside the IT system.
Wake On Lan: Remote boot of a network connected client
Software deployment: remote deployment of applications and settings configuration on clients
Remote control: ability to take control of a client without the need of a physical presence with the client.
- SSh tunneling: setup of a secure communication channel between the server and a remote client ensuring the protection against intrusions
- PKI management: advanced client authentification
- Task resilience: protection against the network drops and incidents for clients
- Bandwidth management: Pulse 2 reduces its use of bandwidth automatically in order to allow a regular bandwidth for clients.
- ACL (Access Control List): customizable rights for each registered user
- LDAP connection: LDAP directory server integration directly inside Pulse 2 ensuring their identification at the source.
- Disk imaging: clients data is secured through their full replication of their hard drive
- Incremental daily backup: enhanced security against unexpected data loss.